Monday 8 June 2015

Gutted!!!


3 votes!!! ….. the result of the 2015 NEC Elections South West Male Seat

Mike Hines        -              2581 votes          -              50.02%

Berny Parkes    -              2578 votes          -              49.97%

Spoilt Papers    -              178

To use footie vernacular - In the last minute of game I've hit the underside of the bar, the ball's landed half way over the goal line before being stopped by a passing pigeon.  I'm gutted - measly votes!!!

However, I am very pleased to have achieved such a massive swing in my favour having lost by 677 votes in 2013 and I would like to send my heartfelt thanks to everyone who voted for me & those who helped & supported my campaign.  It's been absolutely brilliant.

Whilst congratulating Mike - I have to admit it's gut-wrenching to come oh so close but as my mum & dad used to say "a miss is as good as a mile"

The good news is that there have been significant gains from Reclaim The Union candidates (which I'll report on in a future post) so hopefully the Unison leadership will get the message that members are expecting our union use all its energy to fight austerity, defend jobs & protect services.

Anyway the campaign for 2017 starts here.....

Thanks Again,
Berny

No comments:

Post a Comment