Saturday 12 September 2015

A historic moment - Jeremy Corbyn is the leader of the Labour Party.


A historic moment - Jeremy Corbyn is the leader of the Labour Party.

I am sitting here watching my Everton play Chelsea but for once I feel as though I'm walking on clouds even though there hasn't been a shot in anger..... yet!

Jeremy faced the might of the Labour grandees who raged against him, including 3 Labour Leaders, 2 Prime Ministers & the aptly named Mandelson's 'Young Reformers'. But despite their efforts and their purges Jeremy has won a massive victory - a victory for peace, for justice, for equality. A victory for immigrants, for the poor, for the oppressed.

This is the biggest political victory in the 55 years of my life, and yes, I know, it is just the beginning and there is hard work ahead but that's for tomorrow.

Meanwhile, I still have the remnants of tears in my eyes, so I am off to ponder my role in the future whilst savouring a moment in time..... and Everton have just scored!

JEZ WE DID!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment